Friday, April 11, 2008

INSPIRATIONAL YOU--A Big Give Moment

Hello this is Yoga Kat

I wanted to call this one Inspirational You. This is based on a true personal experience that I will tell you about in this blog...

If you don't want to read all this click the link for my video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FSCTfi0rW0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is based on Oprah’s new TV show called The Big Give. In the show, contestants are encouraged to give of their time, energy and the show’s money. It’s amazing and inspiring to see how they do in the tasks each week to help total strangers.
Some with astronomical challenges!

After watching the show, I felt inspired to do some of my own Big Giving. So on one particular day. I decided to take some cash and go and find a woman with a child to help her out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I kept my eyes and ears open as to how to be of assistance. The first opportunity that I had was when I saw a family at their car on the side of the road with the hood up. It was fairly obvious that they needed a jump.

So I came over and assisted with my cables. They were grateful and on their way.
In the same block that I had seen the family with car trouble there was another woman in a similar situation. But another person stopped to help jump her car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How interested that two women needed a jump on the same block. But I felt that a chain reaction of assistance was being started and shared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next I was in search of finding a random person to give of my hard earned money. I found a woman with her 15 month old granddaughter in Target’s parking lot. I spoke to her and I felt joy to give her my two bills. I’m not going to tell you how much that was. But for me it was hard earn money.
She couldn’t believe that I was giving her money. She was moved to tears and I was moved to tears as she told me that was the nicest thing that anyone had done for her. I’m just sharing with you what happened. I hope this doesn’t sound like I’m bragging.

I asked that she say a prayer for me, and pay some of it forward. Then I left. I put this out to the universe that I was planting this good vibration into this woman’s life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I returned home. Things started to manifest for me. My list of subscribers to my newsletter went from 6 to 250 people in two days. I started to get e-mails from people asking to receive my newsletter and a Positive thinking poster that I designed. One woman wrote from the Territory of The American Samoa which is in Pago Pago to request my Inspirational poster, and that she wanted to inspire her students with positive thinking.

After giving that woman money,
I thought one day I want to be able give away 1000 dollars randomly!
I want to touch someone’s life in a huge way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I’d like to challenge you to connect with people who may be in need of your time and attention. It doesn’t have to be money. It can be time spent with someone who can’t get out of the house. Or by taking an elderly neighbor grocery shopping. Perhaps you know of a single mother who would enjoy a moment to get away from the pressure of raising her children. Look everyone needs a break sometimes.

I suggest to you that you open yourself
to seeing opportunities like I did to help someone and then put that into focus and let yourself be led throughout the day. You’ll be surprised at the people connection you make and how good both of you will feel.
What talent do you have that may inspire someone?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What can you do right now that can make a huge difference to someone? Or an organization? I’m sure with some thought not only for yourself but for the others around you that you can come up with simple ways to extraordinary ways to touch someone’s heart and life. But in the end your own heart will definitely be bigger too.
This is Yoga Kat

Post a comment.

No comments:

About Me

United States
I'm a yoga teacher for children and adults. I teach children ages 3-5 and I am an Author. You can see many of my videos of me speaking on the topics of my book. I have written more than 86 articles on many different topics from the spiritual life, to running a small business. I have many unusual and creative ideas that may interest you and put some money in your hands.